Coffee machines are quite pricey, especially when they’re high-quality like Breville espresso machines. It costs hundreds of dollars. But, that’s fine as long as you’re getting your desired taste of coffee.
But, it’s not okay when, despite spending so much money, you get a terrible coffee flavour. It’s something none of you would want to happen. Isn’t it? Therefore, it’s important to descale your Breville espresso machine on a daily basis to get the best coffee flavour.
Because when you don’t clean your coffee maker, the residue, oil from the machine, water minerals, and coffee beans create a sticky mess in your machine.
Read More: Best Espresso Machines Under 150$
Also, they create a killing smell that comes to your coffee when you brew it in the machine resulting in an awful taste of coffee. You receive a wonderful cup of coffee if you keep your Breville coffee maker clean.
But, how to descale the Breville espresso machine? Don’t worry, as I’ll teach you all the ways that you can use to clean your Breville coffee maker. Just go through this piece of writing thoroughly so you can understand all the ways better. Without taking a moment, let’s make our way to the topic.
A Quick Overview To Descaling Your Coffee Maker
Descaling is a cleaning method for removing dirt, grime, and a white powdery and hard mineral deposit that forms over time as a result of water running through the coffee maker. It usually happens due to having too many minerals in your water.
Due to increased mineral buildup, the harder the water in your area is, the more often you’ll need to descale your Breville coffee maker.
What is The Purpose Of Descaling Your Breville Coffee Maker?
The more deposits, oil, and other mess in your machine, the worse it makes the flavour and performance of your machine. If you don’t clean your machine, you’ll get an awful flavour of the coffee. That’s not all. The deposit in your machine does other harm to the machine as well. Like, It damages the components of the machine, reduces the brewing temperature, and reduces the flow of water too in the machine. So, to protect your Breville espresso machine and to get a good flavour of coffee, you need to descale it.
When Should You Descale Your Breville Espresso Coffee Machine?
The Breville espresso coffee machine comes with a lot of advanced features, including a Decale light indicator as well. That light will be available in all espresso coffee machines.
Like, the Baristo Espresso machine will have Breville barista express descale light. Whenever the machine requires to be descaled, it blinks the light.
However, if for any reason you’re not able to see the indications, then you can clean them every 2 to 3 months. It is entirely dependent on the hardness of your water. However, that is the greatest time in any case.
How To Descale Breville Coffee Maker?
Now you have a clue about the descaling process as well as the reason why you need to do it. This is the time to learn the method of cleaning your Breville coffee maker.
Before you get to the topics, let me tell you something. A lot of you may have different models of Breville coffee makers.
such as Barista Express, Barista Pro, Barista Touch, e.t.c. These are all Breville coffee makers but have different names and brands. The name of the machine also changes according to the country you live in.
So, irrespective of what Breville machine you’re using, the methods mentioned below will work for all of them. So, don’t fret if you have any other type of Breville machine. Follow the below-mentioned steps to descale your Breville coffee maker.
Ways Of Declaring Your Breville Coffee Maker
Depending on how often you clean your Breville coffee maker, you’ll need to descale it in a different way. If you clean it after each use, then the way of descaling it would be a bit different.
In the same way, if you clean it every 2 to 3 months, then to do that you’ll have to follow a different method. As a result, I’ll explain to you how to clean the machine in different ways depending on your cleaning regimen.
Read more: Best Espresso Machines For College Students
1) Way of Cleaning Breville Machine Every day
If you’ve got a bit of time to clean your machine every day, then do it the same way as mentioned below.
- Step 1 – As soon as your espresso machine has finished brewing, remove the filter holder. Clean the filter and filter holder with hot water after dumping the coffee grounds. If coffee grounds remain in the filter, gently scrape it with a nylon scrub brush.
- Step2 – Now, plug back the filter and filter hold into the machine and brew normal water for about 10 to 15 seconds. Then, remove the boiling water from the cup.
- Step 3 – After using the froth enhancer, remove it from the steam wand and wash it off under hot water.
- Step 4 – Turn the selection control on the front of your Breville espresso machine to the steam-setting for two to three seconds to clean any milk from the wand.
- Step 4 – Remove the espresso machine from the electrical socket and set the selection control to “Stand By.”Before continuing, allow the espresso machine to cool completely.
- Step 5 – Clean the opening of the steam wands with the help of the pin that comes with your Breville coffee maker. If the wand’s tip is excessively dirty or looks to be clogged, pull it off using the aperture in the centre of the cleaning tool and soak it in hot water to clear it.
- Step 6 – Remove the drip tray from the espresso machine’s bottom and empty it into a sink. Clean all areas of the drip tray with hot water and dish soap. Return the pieces to your Breville espresso machine after rinsing and drying them.
- Step 7- Using a moist towel, wipe the machine clean from the exterior.
There you go, your machine has now been declared. This is how you’ll descale your Breville coffee maker on a daily basis.
2) Way of Descaling Breville Coffee Maker On a Monthly Basis
There is a lot of difference between cleaning your machine on a regular basis and on a monthly basis. On a regular basis, there is not so much oil and other dirt in the match as you regularly clean it.
But, on a monthly basis, the machine has a lot of dirt inside it. Therefore, you need to clean it thoroughly. I’ll descale the Breville espresso machine with vinegar. You can use any other liquid as well if you want. For that reason, you should descale your machine once a month. Follow the instructions outlined below.
- Step 1 – To begin, remove your Breville espresso machine from the wall socket and set it to “Stand By” mode.
- Step 2 –Fill the tank halfway with a 50:50 white vinegar/water combination. To eliminate mineral buildup inside the machine if you have hard water, combine 1 part water with 1 part white vinegar.
- Step 3 – Place a large container on top of the drip pan to capture the water and vinegar mixture.
- Step4 – Then, turn on your Breville espresso machine once it’s been plugged in. Wait for the temperature light to turn orange, which means the water is ready to brew.
- Step 5 – Allow half of the vinegar and water mixture to run through the brewing head and into the large container by setting the selector control to “Espresso.”
- Step6-Allow half of the vinegar and water mixture to run through the brewing head and into the large container by setting the selector control to “Espresso.”
- Step 7- And then, clean your Breville espresso machine by filling the water tank with clean, cold water and repeating steps three through six.
These are the ways that you can follow to descale your Breville coffee maker either on a regular or monthly basis. Make sure you follow the first way to clean your machine regularly and the second way to clean it every month.
How Do You Keep Your Breville Coffee Machine Running Smoothly?
Keeping your Breville coffee machine maintained is the first step to enhancing the life of your machine. If you know how to maintain a Breville coffee maker, then it will accompany you throughout your life. As an outcome, I’m going to provide you with some maintenance advice for the Breville machine.
- If possible, clean your Breville coffee maker every week. And clean it thoroughly each month.
- If you don’t like using vinegar on your machine for any reason, then you’re allowed to use any other liquid. But, ensure that you don’t skip descaling your machine. Even though vinegar is the best descaler for the Breville espresso machine,
- The Breville espresso machine comes with an easy-to-follow handbook that will walk you through the entire cleaning process. So, ensure you go through the guide properly and then start declining your machine. The cleaning instructions for the Breville espresso machine are simple to follow.
- Get the Breville machine kit that includes water filters, tablets, brushes, regular filters, and everything that will help you to descale your machine. It will be easy for you to clean your equipment this way.
- After each usage, clean the steam wand. This keeps it from becoming sour when combined with dry milk and cream
Cleaning your Breville coffee machine is important as it can easily be damaged by the oil, deposits, and minerals in the water inside it when you don’t clean it. Not only is it harmful to the machine, but to you as well. Because this harmful, grim, dirt and oil go inside of your body in your coffee and can make you ill.
For that reason, you need to clean your Breville coffee maker, if not regularly, then every week or every month. You can use anything other than vinegar for descaling your machine. That’s it for today. You can contact me in the comments section if you have any questions. I’ll be there to assist you.